We hope that you will find our organization to be a valuable resource for you as you navigate the world of volunteer administration. Please browse our website for a list of past and upcoming professional development opportunities, board members, and information relating to becoming a member. Members are able to access additional resources from past professional development sessions, our message boards, and our pages relating to fiscal transparency and board member roles and responsibilities.
The Volunteer Administrators’ Network (VAN), a professional membership organization, is committed to promoting volunteerism and excellence through quality professional development opportunities.
- Advocate for volunteerism and the profession of Volunteer Administrator
- Provide the forum for professional networking and the exchange of ideas and/or concerns
- Provide opportunities for professional development
- Create a climate that supports collaboration and professional camaraderie
- Anticipate and plan for future needs and trends
In 2011, VAN celebrated its 30th anniversary. Over the years, VAN has seen great leadership and continued its membership growth. VAN consistently provides valuable professional development workshops that enhance the leadership of volunteers in agencies and in the community.