VAN PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE
Dear VAN Members,
Hello and Happy New Year to all! I am so excited to be starting this year as the new VAN President, and am eager to see all the wonderful things to come this year for our organization!
In 2023, we are launching this new chapter with:
- A well-staffed VAN Leadership Board: We welcomed Margo Arnold & Leachuin Dean as our Professional Development Co-Chairs, and Laurinda Johnson to our Web Coordinator/Membership Co-chair! These new additions are bound to bring in lively Professional Development Sessions and an influx of new/returning members!
- In-Person Professional Development Sessions: We are ready to move away from virtual meetings and increase face time with all our fellow volunteer administrators. This will increase our opportunity for collaboration, networking, and interactive speakers and workshops. The breakfast and coffee at each session is an added bonus!
- A Renewed Focus on our Organization’s Goals: We are Central Ohio’s premier Volunteer Administrators Network, and together, we can reach our goals to accomplish the following:
- Advocate for volunteerism and the profession of Volunteer Administrator
- Provide a forum for professional networking and the exchange of ideas and/or concerns
- Provide opportunities for professional development
- Create a climate that supports collaboration and professional camaraderie
- Anticipate and plan for future needs and trends
I have been a part of VAN since 2019. The insights I have gained and contacts I have made are invaluable to me and the work I do with the Worthington Resource Pantry. I am proud to be a leader of this organization and to support volunteer administrators around our city doing meaningful work every day. Now is the time to reconnect with VAN - we promise, you don’t want to miss this!
FEBRUARY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
!NEW LOCATION! VAN Professional Development Meeting
Topic: Relationship-Building and Networking
Meeting: Thursday, February 16, 2023
Time: 9:00 am - 10:30 am *Networking and breakfast included
Place: This month's meeting and moving forward, will be IN PERSON!
Jefferson Avenue Center - 65 Jefferson Avenue
*The Jefferson Avenue Center campus is on Jefferson Avenue between Long and Broad Streets, a block east of the Columbus Museum of Art (you may know it as home to Thurber House). 65 Jefferson Avenue is a carriage house that is not visible from the street. You may park in the no-cost spaces in front of 61 or 67 Jefferson Avenue, then follow the sidewalk to the rear of those properties and you’ll see the Carriage House with a “65” on the face of the building and two front doors – utilize the door on the left to enter the meeting room.
Save the Date for Our Next PD Session: March 16, 2023!
JOIN THE VAN BOARD FOR 2023
We are accepting applications for new board members for 2023!
- Membership Co-Chair
For consideration, please email your resume to President Christa at email@example.com.
Is your organization looking for volunteer administration? Contact us so we can get the word out!
Our website is full of job listings in central Ohio! If you're a VAN Central Ohio member looking for a position working with volunteers, you can click here to access the page. There are many local openings including positions at Big Brothers Big Sisters Ohio, Grange Insurance Audubon Center, Lifecare Alliance, BESA, and MORE! Postings are updated throughout the month, so log in and check back often!